Sunday, March 30, 2008

i always thought that the whole "parents embarrassing their children" thing expired when you became an adult. i was so wrong! dad and i took our vehicles to be inspected saturday morning. as the inspector guy was finishing up, dad looks at me and says "we'll go home the blah blah blah way and i will buy you a tank of gas at the kroger." i smiled and said thanks and the inspector guy says "what a nice dad!" or something to that effect and my dad looks at him and says "how do you know i'm her dad? she could be my mistress!" oh my heck! dad? are you serious?? i covered my face with my hands...the inspector guy wouldn't make eye contact with me anymore...dad is just standing there, laughing. the guy says "that's a good one sir." i am so very glad that i do not live in georgia.

No comments: