Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Snakes on a playground

right, so, i like love nature and stuff and think it's really neat how the little buggers have made their nests or whatever and stockpiled some food...they just can't do it on the toddler playground. and the poor bug guy did not sound happy when i told him. the first time i talked to him, he tried to tell me that it was some kind of ground dwelling insect. ok. then erin went outside to take a picture and saw a bug fly into one of the holes and the snake ate it. i was torn between "aha! i was right!" and "did you get a picture??" cos that would have been a neato picture. so i called john back and gave him that update...back to unhappy sounding bug guy. but really, poor snakes :(

1 comment:

Chapter Chicks said...

hey karen- check out my blog! I put some pictures up too! I also found out what was digging those holes... its a cicada killer wasp!(OH MY!) There's a link on my blog as well to read about those big 'ol bugs! I think it's pretty cool too! BTW- I could have sworn it was a snakes head I saw, but I guess it was just that HUGE wasp!!