Tuesday, April 10, 2007

April 16

Happy Easter!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!

April 15

Take this religion test

According to the SelectSmart.com Belief System Selector, my #1 belief match is ROMAN CATHOLIC.
What do you believe?
Visit SelectSmart.com/RELIGION

Liberal Christian Protestant was #2 but I thought two pictures of Jesus would be gratuitous...

April 14

A serious conversation...

Elise just told me "Kaely doesn't want to be grounded."
And I said "That's too bad."
Elise said "Is she really gonna be grounded...underground?"
And, because I am such a meanie and bad mom, I wanted to say "As soon as I get that hole dug she will!" but I refrained (mostly because I don't wanna listen to Elise and Kaely cry). So I just told her "No, it just means that she is in big trouble."

April 11

Who wants to go to Hawaii????

Me me me me! I do I do I do!
You have been entered in the Dog the Bounty Hunter Witness the Wedding Sweepstakes.

Winners will be selected on or about April 28, 2006 in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received by AETN, and will be contacted by e-mail, standard mail or phone on or about May 1, 2006. Visit the Official Sweepstakes Rules for more details.
Woot!
I also learned that:
Your Scientific In-tele-gence Profile:
Because you are keenly intuitive and imaginative, you are drawn towards intelligent TV shows that aren’t afraid to push the limits. Your tendency is to want things to turn out for the best—but you don’t like clichéd happy endings.
Go fig...

Random thoughts...

For lunch today I had PB&J...with chips. YUM! All it needed was a cold glass of milk...except that I am out of milk, which is why we are headed to the Harris Teeter later today. And now I have this song stuck in my head.
April 09

It's

8.21 in the pm...why is the dude across the street cutting his grass??
Yeah so it's 8.28 now and he's still at it. Cutting the grass by street light...that's dedication my friend.
8.35 in the pm: He's still at it...although he sounds further away (I think, in the dark, he's wandered into other yards), BUT when I opened the door to let Simon in, I was reminded how much I like the smell of fresh cut grass...
8.41 in the pm: Omg! It's suddenly very quiet. He's either on another street now or is done. Can't wait till daylight to see how well he did!
April 07

a lazy blog

renabeth says:i am eating leftover taco hell

renabeth says:is that taco hell and back?

Jasmine winks:

Play "Laugh"

renabeth says:and also, elise calls a taco salad a taco castle

Jasmine says:she is my hero

renabeth says:and green bay packer fans are also known as green bean chili man

renabeth says:i should blog those, huh?

Jasmine says:green bean chilli man

Jasmine says:esplane

renabeth says:ok

renabeth says:last night at dinner, kaely dropped a piece of cheese on simon's head

renabeth says:and donnie called him a cheese head

renabeth says:and kaely wanted to know what a cheese head was

renabeth says:and donnie told her its a green bay packer fan

renabeth says:and elise shrugs her shoulders and says "green bean chili man?"

Jasmine says:please blog that with a picture of simon with a piece of cheese on his head

renabeth says:hahahahahahahah

renabeth says:i lack pictures

Jasmine says:*sigh* you may have to recreate with simon and a piece of cheese

Jasmine says:you could have a disclaimer saying this was a re-enactment

renabeth says:names have been changed to protect the innocent

April 06

Look at what I did!

Look...pictures!
April 04

And also...

Here are some pictures from Christmas-ish. We met Aunt Rose for dinner in Palm Bay and had a great time! I think Kaely is really starting to look like me...

Lillian and the Rogue Elephant

OK...this is why we do not run in the house. How many times do we say that?
Last night, Lillian ran, tripped, fell, and landed on the ear of the wooden rocking elephant. Thankfully, we have no upcoming photo events (except, of course, this one), so the bruise can heal.
Oh man...the roller coaster ride that is parenthood...
April 02

Welcome Spring!

The sun is shining, the flowers are blooming, the birds are singing, and the insects are buzzing.
So the other day, while I was driving home from the gym, I was unlucky enough to drive through a (herd, flock, swarm) of some sort of flying insect. It was gross because they were all over the windshield...and me without any washer fluid. That was a harsh discovery, btw.
March 27

L-I-B-B-Y L-U!!

Oh man...obnoxious pink font to represent (amen!) and obnoxious pink time had by all at the Libby Lu!
The genius behind Libby Lu (besides the fact that I do not have to clean up the mess) is the nostalgia for the moms. It is Dress Up on steroids. The whole place is pink and sparkly. The dads lurk in the doorway, hoping (in vain) that they will not walk away covered in glitter while the moms play and giggle with the little girls.
The party starts with the filling of the goodie bag. Each little girl got to pick 5 things to put in her bag. Then it was off to change into the dress up clothes. After that, it was time for hair and make up...which took for-EVER, but still the girls (even Lillian) behaved like little princesses. As soon as everyone has had hair and make up done, they turn the music up and dance...in the doorway. It draws quite a crowd!
And that's about it...
They changed their clothes (but kept the fancy hair) and we all marched over to the food court to have cake.
And now for something completey different...
Kaely now owns that fabulous pink feather boa (Zsa Zsa is in the house!).
Also...wrap skirt + windy day = whoops!
March 24

Another Great Elise-ism

I walked into the kitchen to get drinks for the girls, and I smelled something burning...coming from the dishwasher. I opened it up and checked it out. A plastic lid had fallen and was melting on the heating element. Kaely asked what happened and I told her..."There is a heating element in the bottom of the dishwasher..." Elise says, "The heating elephant?"
March 23

The Cake Saga

I cannot bake a cake, so for birthdays and other cake related events, I have always relied on the good people of the Publix bakery to provide the cake. It hit me the other day that, very soon, we are going to be smack in the middle of a cake related event and there is no Publix in Charlotte. Sure, I could go to the grocery store down the street and get a cake, but I am a cake snob...and therefore pretty dang picky about the cake that I eat. There is just no other way to get thighs like mine.
So I have been doing some cake research. I discovered that there is a Publix in Spartanburg (1 hour and 21 minutes away, which isn't bad when you consider that I might go to Chapel Hill for a pair of shoes). I discovered that Harris Teeter has the bakery that most closely resembles the Publix bakery. I discovered a small bakery near the North Lake Mall that has a pretty cute website.
Elise, Lillian, and I bought some cupcakes at the Harris Teeter this morning...to sample. They were ok, so don't expect to see any pictures of a trip to Spartanburg any time soon.

March 21

Ah, Birthday Presents

The messier the better!

March 20

Woot!

In lieu of cake (because we're having that Sunday), Kaely chose to make s'mores for her birthday goodie. Yum-eeeeeee!

It's official

Today is Kaely's birthday!!
Happy Birthday, Kaely!
And...she lost another tooth last night, so she is like totally big stuff today.
Party is Sunday and I can assure you that there will pictures galore.
March 19

Oh man...

It's one of those days when 2 cups of coffee is just not gonna cut it. It's my fault...I stayed up too late last night, but in doing so, I discovered the joy that is Eddie Izzard. What a happy accident! His stand-up show was on BBC America last night, after Little Britan. At first, I wasn't sure I wanted to watch it and I was totally sure that Mom and Dad would not be interested (if you haven't clicked the link, now would be a good time or this won't make any sense). So, two commercial breaks later... The guy is freaking brilliant. Dad laughed out loud. It was great. FYI - Jen...he's on Napster!!! And the next thing you know, it's 12.30 am.
So yeah, Mom and Dad were here for the weekend, which is always nice. Went through pictures to find pictures of past Kaely birthdays, and found some other fun ones...oh and a whole bunch from high school, which will be great since the 10 year reunion is this summer. Whew! Think that coffee is finally starting to kick in...
March 15

Talking about Plundered body parts implanted in thousands - More Health News - MSNBC.com

oh man...ok, 2 things:

  1. My first thought was "I can't wait till Law and Order rips this from the headlines!" but I think they may have already.
  2. How exactly is a recall of body parts carried out?

Quote

Plundered body parts implanted in thousands - More Health News - MSNBC.com
Skip

No comments: