Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Nature


i went to the home depot today to get some plant related items. i did not get a cart, or i would have gotten too many things. when i got to the register i had dirt on my hands from the petunias i had been carrying. i dusted it off and commented on it and the cashier said something about how "that happens when you're in this business." "well! that's all well and good except that i do not enjoy having nature on me. i love a garden, but dirt and bugs and *shudder* grubs...oh ew." then, for some reason and i couldn't stop myself, i said "i like to cook, but i don't like to touch raw meat either." yeah, i don't know why i said that...and the cashier says "you poor thing!" heh. at this point, the lady in line behind me is laughing. then the cashier says "well, you just need to get you some gloves..." to which i reply "oh yes! i have to wear gloves! i have sensitive skin..." the lady behind me starts hollering "tmi! tmi!" ok, so i probably shared a bit too much today, but at least i made two people laugh. and i learned that after a visit to the psychofloobicologist, it is in my best interest to just keep my mouth shut!

No comments: