Tuesday, April 10, 2007

August 25

First day of school! First day of school!

Kaely starts second grade today (*sniff*). Elise will start on Wednesday. Kindergarteners are doing the staggered start thing where, during the first week of school, 4-5 children attend at a time. This gives the teacher time to get to know the children and also do assessments...it will also greatly lower the amount of crying children in the classroom at any given time.
August 08

Presents!

Elise had a great birthday! :)
August 04

Herbology

Yesterday we worked in the yard! Woohoo! And it was Donnie's birthday! Hooray! I baked a cake!
July 31

Artwork!

Lillian has always enjoyed coloring, but until today, she never really talked about her pictures. So this morning she brings me a picture that 1) takes up the whole page and 2) has a story. Exciting stuff!
Here it is...Lillian's Lake with green grass and purple and orange flowers. She also kept talking about a raft, but I guess that's off the edge of the picture
July 30

Quirkalicious

Your Quirk Factor: 60%

You're a pretty quirky person, but you're just normal enough to hide it.
Congratulations - you've fooled other people into thinking you're just like them!

How Quirky Are You?

Ribbet

So finally, a frog emerges! We were so busy playing with it that I forgot to photographize the moment. But he was a cutie!
July 24

Road Trip

We drove to Tallamahafee, Fladeeda for the weekend. Long freaking trip, but the girls did well. They had so much fun playing with their cousins and swimming in the hotel pool (too bad the one thing I forgot was their bathing suits). It was a short trip, but well worth it...I was so glad I was able to go to Jenny's shower (eventhough I'm not the sister with Penny).
Oddly enough, there are a few pictures. Heh...go figure!
July 18

The stress level at our house

is outta control!
July 14

Lady Properly-Decapitated

I won't bore you with the details of the way my mind works, so I'll just say that certain events led me to bake a cake (from scratch, no less!).
July 10

toot toot

I made tomato sauce...from fresh tomatoes. So good even Lillian and the cats ate it. Yum!
July 08

I'm going to the river...to put a hole in it!

Thursday we set out on an adventure.
Mom and Dad and all 5 of us set out to play in the Nantahala River. It was a very long drive...made longer because Dad missed the sign he was looking for in Bryson City. 20 minutes later we had passed the train station twice (Look, kids! Big Ben...Parliament!). I was on the phone with Jen for some of the "lost" trip and she asked me where we were going and all I could say was that it was a river and that we were following Mom and Dad. She said, "That was your first mistake!"
We did find the river and the park, as well, but the 3 hour tour was more like four. Anyway, after a lovely lunch at a restaraunt on the river, we took care of the business at hand...some serious playing. The water was Sheep's Crossing cold, but the girls were not content to just dip their toes and squeal. Bathing suits were required. I quickly abandoned any thoughts of getting in the water and focused my attention on the science project that I had brought with me. My only regret is that Mom is a wee bit on the technically challenged side and none of the experiment was caught on video. I guess that's ok, though. All you missed out on was a lot of squealing and jumping up and down and hand clapping...and the girls liked it, too.
Next year we plan on rafting down the river instead of waving at the rafters.

July 03

Happy Birthday to me...

I love these things!!!

Build-A-Bear Workshop

Birthday parties at the BABW are always awesome and Lillian's was no exception. Everyone had a great time and then came here for cake...bear cake (of course!).

No comments: